Honey Glazed Ham
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 4 1⁄2 lb. ham
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Frontier® Ground Nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground Cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
Frontier® Co-op has provided this recipe as a suggestion for your use based on commonly available ingredients understood to be gluten-free. Frontier Co-op cannot guarantee the gluten-free nature of the specific ingredients you obtain or your preparation of the final recipe. Please exercise good judgment in selecting gluten-free ingredients.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham in shallow roasting pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil or tight-fitting lid. Cook ham for approximately 10 minutes per pound or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine all remaining ingredients; stir constantly over medium heat until thoroughly warmed. Remove ham from oven and increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Pour or brush glaze over ham.
- Return ham to oven for about 15 minutes. Do not cover during the last 15 minutes of baking.
For a crispier outer edge, place under the broiler for the last few minutes of baking.